Parent/Guardian Involvement Plan - Frost Middle School
2011-2012 Parent Involvement Policy
The Frost Middle School staff wants to involve parents in their students’ education as much as possible. In order to do this the staff at Frost would like to present some goals and expectations we have for the parents of our students. In creating an educational partnership between the school and home environment we are expecting students to be as prepared as possible for the next step in their educational career.
“Preparing for Tomorrow’s Challenges”
Frost Middle School - Family Involvement Policy
Goals and Expectations
Frost Middle School staff will…
- Explain to parents the benefits of Title I funding and the opportunities the funding can provide for their students at an annual meeting convened in the first semester of the school year.
- Provide Title I parents with a staff, parent and student compact outlining Frost’s goals and expectations for all stakeholders.
- Keep parents current regarding classroom curriculum.
- Ensure that parents understand standardized testing assessment reports.
- Keep parents informed regarding opportunities for parental involvement.
- Invite parents to participate in planning activities at Frost Middle School.
- Involve parents in planning events that will help support the home to school connection.
- Make sure there is open communication between the school and home through email, websites, and other communication tools.
- Provide parent with resources that parents can use to improve their child’s achievement.
- Respond in a timely manner to parent concerns.