THE PERMISSION SLIP FOR ENVIRO CLUB IS LINKED FROM THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE!
Fill out this online data form: FEC Student Data Sheet
2016/17 Frost Environmental Club
CURRENTLY PLANNED MEETINGS AND AGENDA ITEMS:
The first meeting of the Enviro Club for 2016-17 will be in my room (315) on Thursday the 29th of Sep.
Please arrange to have your ride pick you up in my room (315) or at the front of the school at 4:00pm.
Meetings will usually take place once a month, generally on Thursdays.
Upcoming Meetings and POSSIBLE topics:
29 Sep: Introduction, scavenger hunts, welcome, water bottles from closet
13 Oct: Removing honeysuckle, deer data
10 Nov: Guerrilla art
15 Dec: Enviro service project such as making bird feeders out of pinecone... could give to Livonia Woods Assisted Living.
19 Jan: Field trip comes to us?...
9 Feb: Deer data & guerrilla art
6 Mar (Monday):Date Changed to Mar 23rd! Painting field trip comes to us?
20 Apr: Garlic Mustard pull (depends on germination and weather)
11 May: Alternate date - Garlic Mustard pull (depends on germination and weather)
18 May: TBD
8 June: End of year party
The Frost Environmental Club was formed in January of 2012 by some very dedicated and environmentally concerned Frost students. The goal of our club is for students, working alongside the Frost staff and parents, to be involved helping Frost with its efforts to be environmentally friendly.
Here is some of what we may do in our meetings this school year, depending on time and parent help:
- Green Schools certification activities
- Fundraising (selling/designing T-shirts, bracelets, and such) to be used towards our Environmental agenda
- Adopting endangered species
- Maintenance/beautification of the school’s outdoor courtyard garden
- Outdoor trash pickup and Garlic Mustard pull on Frost grounds
- Making recycling collection bins for use thru-out the school
- Collecting recyclables from classrooms (weighing/tracking)
- Keeping Bulletin Board /Display Case updated
- Preparing school announcements about club meetings and announcing special recognized days (like Earth Day)
Here are some items completed in the past that we might do this school year, depending on time and significant parent direction/organization:
- Beekeeper visit to Frost
- Earth Day celebration
- Shoe recycling/shoe drive for IICD
- Presentation by Bill Craig / Holliday Nature Preserve Hike
- Rouge Rescue (through the Friends of the Rouge)
- Frog and Toad Survey (thru the Friends of the Rouge)
- Pancakes for the Planet @ U of M Dearborn
- U of M Dearborn Environmental Interpretive Center Programs (they are FREE)
- U of M Ann Arbor Matthaei Botanical Gardens Programs (they are FREE)
- Watching environmental videos, brainstorming and worksheets
- End of the year party
Please join us, all Frost students are welcome to join…
Your help can make a difference!
Don’t forget… to join, the Permission Slip posted below needs to be filled out entirely and returned before you can participate.
- Enviro Club Permission Slip - Fall 2016.pdf
- ICHAT FORM FOR 2016-17 ICHAT LETTER TO PARENTS 2016-2017.pdf
All volunteers must have this completed prior to working with students. The process takes a couple of weeks, so please plan ahead! Please deliver the form to the office at Frost, or have your child deliver it to the office.
- doc file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit theMicrosoft Word website.
- docx file: You need the Microsoft Word program, a free Microsoft Word viewer, or a program that can import Word files in order to view this file. To learn more about the free Microsoft Word Viewer, visit thethe Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack.