Items on this page will vary as the year moves along - you may want to check back from time-to-time
DTE ENERGY MONITORING EC - May/Jun 2016
EXTRA CREDIT from DTE website on Carbon Footprint: https://goo.gl/F49pCg - need one year’s worth of electrical and gas bills, gasoline info for your cars, and flight info for plane trips - probably need parent help
AUTO SHOW EC - JAN 2016
Take 2 two-sided copies of this sheet with you to the auto show and fill out the info for a total of 4 cars. Please follow the directions on the sheet. Not supposed to be particularly difficult or time-consuming. I plan to use the info when we talk about energy and pollution later this year.
Here's the sheet, which I have also run off so that I can hand it out in class: Auto Show EC - Jan 2016.docx
General Instructions/Info for EC
A. Students are allowed to complete as much EC as they would like, but I will not raise a marking period grade by more than 2/3 of a letter grade. This means that a B- can become a B+, but will never become an A- through the use of EC.
B. Students attending an event for EC need to create a write-up about their experience. Here are the requirements:
My guess is that you will have item #1 (above) and then a total of 4 paragraphs (just cut-and-paste items 2-5 above into your document as titles/headings for the 4 paragraphs you will write). The photo can go anywhere in the document you create.
- Name, class period, name of event, date of event
- What did you like/what was interesting and WHY do you feel that way
- What didn't you like/what could have been improved and WHY do you feel that way
- Explain what you learned, and how it does/may relate to class or be used in class
- Would you recommend that students go again? Why or why not? Perhaps explain why this is only for a certain type or age of student.
- A photo of yourself at the event (whenever possible, this is extra credit after all!)